We give a twist to traditional eggnog by using it to make these individual, creamy custards.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/4 cup spiced rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar. In a small saucepan, heat
- eggnog over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan.
- Remove from the heat; stir a small amount of eggnog into egg yolk
- mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in the
- rum, vanilla and salt.
- Transfer to six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in a
- baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 325° for 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture
- will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 10 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 209 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 221 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein.