- 2 cups eggnog
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large saucepan, combine eggnog, cream, egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat; stir in rum, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Transfer to ten 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place cups in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and remaining sugar. If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle custards with sugar mixture. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately.
- If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar mixture. Broil 8 in. from the heat 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until firm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Eggnog Creme Brulee in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p117
Reviews for Eggnog Creme Brulee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review