- 3-1/2 cups white baking chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Ground nutmeg, optional
- In a microwave, melt 1-1/2 cups baking chips; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add rum and vanilla. Beat in melted chips. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until set.
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm and slightly dry to the touch.
- In a microwave, melt shortening and remaining baking chips; stir until smooth. Dip balls in mixture; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet; if desired, sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Eggnog Creams
"Are Melting Chips the same as Baking Cips?"
"From the taste of these wonderful candies you would never guess they do not have eggnog."
"The combination of rum, nutmeg and vanilla turn these into a yummy little bite of eggnog heaven."
"Not sure why they are called eggnog creams.....there is no eggnog in them!"
"Where is the eggnog in these?"