Eggnog Cream Pies Recipe
"I created this recipe for my bother, who just happens to love eggnog," shares Anna Long of Modesto, California. "He was delighted, to say the least, when he tasted this sweet treat."
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cartons (one 8 ounces, one 12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3-3/4 cups cold eggnog
- 3 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- Additional ground nutmeg
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shells with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on wire racks.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, allspice and nutmeg until smooth. Fold in the 8-oz. carton of whipped topping. Spoon into crusts.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk eggnog and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with additional nutmeg. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 2 pies (8 servings each).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC