Eggnog Cream Pie
I discovered this easy recipe on the back of an eggnog carton, then modified it slightly to simplify things. I can whip up the pie and still have time to devote to guests.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Additional whipped cream and ground nutmeg, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the pudding mix, nutmeg and eggnog. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir
- 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Cool.
- Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Garnish with whipped cream
- and nutmeg if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 455 calories, 33 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.