I discovered this easy recipe on the back of an eggnog carton, then modified it slightly to simplify things. I can whip up the pie and still have time to devote to guests.
Recommended: 32 Holiday Recipes to Make with Eggnog
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups eggnog
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Additional whipped cream and ground nutmeg, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the pudding mix, nutmeg and eggnog. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Cool.
- Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Eggnog Cream Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p43
Reviews forEggnog Cream Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2008
"you could also substitue a regular or chocolate graham cracker crust for a different twist.1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs3 tablespoons sugar1/3 cup stick margarine, meltedIn a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and 3 tablespoons sugar. Stir in margarine. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Then follow recipe for filling."