Eggnog Cranberry Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth; stir in cranberries. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool for 15 minutes. Pour into pastry shell; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over remaining water; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Gradually stir in eggnog and rum.
- 3. Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Fold in whipped cream; pour over cranberry layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 296 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Eggnog Cranberry Pie
"Lovely and delicious. The flavors really go together well. This will be a Christmas favorite."
"Excellent !! Didn't need to change anything. A perfect balance of tart/sweet.Thank you !!"
"Excellent recipe! Perfect balance of flavors. I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for a great, great recipe !!"
"This is delicous & a perfect pie for the holidays. My husband loved it!"
"I served this to my bridge club today. It is now in my permanent recipe file. The tartness of the cranberry layer is a perfect compliment to the creamy eggnog mixture. I made the pie in a ginger cookie crust. Fantastic"