Eggnog Cranberry Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1-3/4 cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water until smooth; stir in cranberries. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool for 15 minutes. Pour into pastry shell; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over remaining water; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Gradually stir in eggnog and rum.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Fold in whipped cream; pour over cranberry layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Eggnog Cranberry Pie(5)
Sort By :
Lovely and delicious. The flavors really go together well. This will be a Christmas favorite.
Excellent !! Didn't need to change anything. A perfect balance of tart/sweet.
Thank you !!
Excellent recipe! Perfect balance of flavors. I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for a great, great recipe !!
This is delicous & a perfect pie for the holidays. My husband loved it!
I served this to my bridge club today. It is now in my permanent recipe file. The tartness of the cranberry layer is a perfect compliment to the creamy eggnog mixture. I made the pie in a ginger cookie crust. Fantastic
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >