Eggnog Cookies Recipe
"This cookie's flavor fits right into the holiday spirit," writes Myra Innes, field editor from Auburn, Kansas.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Colored sugar
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggnog, baking soda and nutmeg. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with colored sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 16 dozen.
2 cookies equals 63 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC