Eggnog Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Gradually stir in the eggnog, extract and nutmeg. Pour filling over crust.
- 4. Place in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Eggnog Cheesecake
"This cheesecake is wonderful! I omitted the rum extract (simply because I didn't have any). I also used up some extra spice cookies instead of the graham cracker crust. But the filling was so delicious, I could eat it on any kind of crust! I did a steam bath instead of water bath so I didn't have to wrap the pan. Cooked it just over an hour, and it came out perfect! I plan on making this a yearly tradition. Next time I want to try it with homemade eggnog. Yum!"
"Made this for Christmas. It was delicious! Like other reviewers mentioned, the baking time was closer to 1 hour. I used a deep-dish pizza pan for the water bath and it turned out great. Helped with economizing oven space, too."
"I know you love your cheesecake and this is one of the prettiest ones you?ve ever made! So festive for the holidays! Pinned! Cranberries AND eggnog?genius! i would like to share this on my personal blog http://oxter.in with my family friends & social Friends !!"
"This a very tasty cheesecake!! I enjoy eggnog, but can't always get away with it all, so having a recipe to use it in is great. Prepared this as written and it was perfect!"
"This recipe is so good! I made it on Thanksgiving for my family. They loved it so much they requested it again for Christmas! I did not use a water bath or double thickness of foil. I baked it a 350 for 15 minutes and then turned the oven down to 215 and finished baking for an hour and a half (until is was set). It turned out beautiful!"
"This was an awesome Christmas recipe! It tastes great, I like how it doesn't have such a strong eggnog taste, because I am not to crazy for eggnog even though I will drink it around Christmas time. It looks so beautiful when you pop it out, I've never used my springform pans before, and they make a sharp look. I wish I had a nice garnish for it though. It reminds me of when I make flan because even though I was told only an hour, I still bake it for a solid 30 minutes longer than the recipes call for. Great for the Holidays! :)"
"Excellent recipe! I had to cook it longer than the recipe called for (about 20 ~ 30 minutes longer) but it was well worth the work and the wait! Absolutely loved it!!"
"So creamy and delicious! Everyone loved it even those who aren't real fans of eggnog...has a light chai taste."
"My husband LOVES cheesecake and LOVES eggnog; when I found this recipe I thought it would be a nice surprise for Christmas so I made it for him and it is his ALL TIME FAVORITE cheesecake. He is requesting this to be a new Christmas tradition. The only problem I had is the crust sticking to the bottom when you cut it, but that isn't a big deal. And I too had to bake it a little longer than called for but again... for this tasty treat it was well worth all the time and effort and especially to see the smile on my husbands face when he tasted it! Thank you Taste of Home!"
"Stupendous recipe! We made it with 1/3 less fat cream cheese and low fat eggnog and tasted amazing!~ Theresa"
"I love eggnog and I love cheesecake, so to put the two together and a delightful taste sensation."
"Have made this twice now, baked for over 60 minutes and it was still not set in the middle. Was still very good. Family wants one every Christmas from now on."
"Everyone loved this cheesecake, but I found I had to cook it much longer than called for in the recipe before it was done. I will definitely make it again. A real winner!"
"Dan,Page 20 in the December Issue shows the Elegant Eggnog Dessert, not the cheesecake, and the recipe for the dessert is on page 21."
"Page 20 in December Issue shows a fancy presentation of this Cheese Cake. Chocolate or Cinimon sticks?"
"cant see it to good"