- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to
- wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, combine flour and salt. Gradually
- stir in eggnog until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat
- whisking constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in eggnog mixture and vanilla until smooth.
- Remove 1/4 cup frosting for decorating if desired; tint 3 tablespoons
- green and 1 tablespoon red. Spread plain frosting between layers and
- over top and sides of cake. Use green and red frosting to pipe
- leaves and berries on cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 556 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.