Eggnog Bread Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 8x4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and melted butter until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture alternately with eggnog, beating well after each addition. Fold in cherries, pecans and raisins.
- 3. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 202 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Eggnog Bread
"I also thought that this bread was very dry. I will not be making this again - very disappointed."
"I thought it was on the dry side. I did not add the pecans or candied cherries. I only added the raisins. I will look for a recipe that is more moist."
"I made this with Splenda brown sugar (1/3 c) and used a whole cup of currants instead of the candied cherries. It was just delicious. I added 1/3 c nonfat dry milk, 1/2 t baking soda and a touch of extra salt with the dry ingredients. My bread was just as tall as it would have been made with sugar."
"I made two batches in mini loaf pans (3x2x1), 8 per batch, baking 25 minutes at 350. I added 1 tsp. rum extract to the 2nd batch, also used 1/3 dried cranberries, 1/3 raisins, and 1/3 glace fruit. Both were delicious."