Eggnog Bread Recipe
Someone always asks for the recipe when I make this rich bread for the holidays or give as gifts. It's easy to make and quite delicious. The bread is a traditional part of the season at my home here in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. —Ruth Bickel, Hickory, North Carolina
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 8x4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and melted butter until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture alternately with eggnog, beating well after each addition. Fold in cherries, pecans and raisins.
- 3. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice equals 202 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC