- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped red and green candied cherries
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and butter until well blended. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with eggnog, beating just until blended. Fold in the pecans, raisins and cherries.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Eggnog Bread
Sort By :
"I also thought that this bread was very dry. I will not be making this again - very disappointed."
"I thought it was on the dry side. I did not add the pecans or candied cherries. I only added the raisins. I will look for a recipe that is more moist."
"I made this with Splenda brown sugar (1/3 c) and used a whole cup of currants instead of the candied cherries. It was just delicious. I added 1/3 c nonfat dry milk, 1/2 t baking soda and a touch of extra salt with the dry ingredients. My bread was just as tall as it would have been made with sugar."
"I made two batches in mini loaf pans (3x2x1), 8 per batch, baking 25 minutes at 350. I added 1 tsp. rum extract to the 2nd batch, also used 1/3 dried cranberries, 1/3 raisins, and 1/3 glace fruit. Both were delicious."