"I was making biscuits during the holidays one year and substituted eggnog for milk," relates Angie Jones from West Point, Utah. "These yummy biscuits were the outcome." Whether you bake some for Christmas dinner or a weekday meal, the clever creations are sure to become a seasonal favorite.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon Bisquick® mix
- 1/3 cup eggnog
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix and eggnog just until moistened.
- Turn on a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out
- to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve
- warm. Yield: 6-8 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 80 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.