This gelatin tastes scrumptious with the classic flavor of eggnog. The ruby-red color of the raspberry sauce makes this gelatin a festive addition to any special meal.—Shirley Goering, New Ulm, Minnesota
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups eggnog, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- RASPBERRY-CURRANT SAUCE:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup eggnog and milk; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the extract, salt and remaining eggnog. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold cream and walnuts into gelatin mixture. Transfer to an 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Mash and strain raspberries, reserving juice. Discard seeds. Transfer to a small saucepan; stir in jelly. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Cool to room temperature. Serve with gelatin. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Eggnog Bavarian in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p102
Reviews for Eggnog Bavarian
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review