Eggnog Banana Cream Pies Recipe
- 21 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Line three ungreased 5-in. pie plates with vanilla wafers. Arrange banana slices over bottom of crusts; sprinkle with nutmeg. Set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pudding and rum extract; beat on low speed until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over banana.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Just before serving, garnish with banana and nutmeg. Yield: 3 servings.
1 pie equals 248 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 536 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Eggnog Banana Cream Pies
"This wasn't as good as it sounded. Can't put my finger on it, except I think I was expecting it to taste more like the real eggnog flavor ... which it didn't."
"What is the sugar content in all your pies? This fact is always left out."
"I have not made this particular recipe yet but I will as it sounds great. I have some comments on the other comments though. I have made other recipes that have eggnog in the name but do not contain eggnog itself. Eggnog flavor can be created by the Rum extract, nutmeg and the vanilla pudding. It is very close. There is also available eggnog flavored pudding that works well too. Since eggnog is not available year round it is nice to have alternatives. Vanilla wafer crumbs can be substituted for graham cracker crumbs to make a crumb crust if you wish. I think this recipe could be very versatile served any number of ways. As for the reduced fat items, they have been around since at least the 60's and many folks have been watching their fat intake since before then. Again it is good to have alternatives."
"All I have to say if you can't say something nice keep your mouth SHUT!!!!!"
"I suppose it is suppose to taste like egg nod since it does not have any in it. I like the taste but it is not egg nod like I remember egg nod. I layered mine in large bowl like I always do for banana pudding."
"I know this will be really good,Eggnog & Banana Cream,2 of the best!"
"It doesn't look like a pie with the vanilla wafers. And how can mom's old recipe call for all the reduced fat. The nutmeg would make it seem something like egg nog, but very misleading."
"Sounds like a banana cream pie - contains NO EGGNOG???"
"This recipe is good. I would try what another suggested and use Egg Nog in place of the milk. No reason why you couldn't put it in a 9" pie crust. Family Favorites are always a special treat.Thank you for sharing your special treat."
"Thanks for sharing ! Great recipe !!"
"I am a little confused as to why it is called Eggnog pie, there is no eggnog in the recipe for this pie. Should it be there???"
"Does anyone know if this can be made in a9 inch pie plate insrtead of three 5 inch pie plat es?"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.