Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe
This dense moist cake from Peggy Weed of Cheshire, Connecticut is sure to satisfy anyone's chocolate cravings. Drizzles with semi-sweet chocolate, the rich cake is special enough for company...if your family doesn't get to it first!
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup baking cocoa, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cold brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with 1 tablespoon cocoa; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and remaining cocoa. In another bowl, combine the coffee, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 14 servings.
One piece equals 295 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC