Tartar sauce gives these little egg salad sandwiches a slightly sweet flavor. Cut into bell shapes with olive "clappers," they look festive for Christmas.
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- 16 slices swirled rye and pumpernickel bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 16 slices pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, bacon and tartar sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a 2-1/2-in. bell-shaped cookie cutter, cut out two bells from each slice of bread. Lightly spread one side of each bell with butter. Spread egg mixture over half of buttered bells; top with remaining bells, buttered side down.
- If desired, garnish each sandwich with an olive slice, securing with a small amount of egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 sandwiches.
Originally published as Eggcellent Finger Sandwiches in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p41
Reviews for Eggcellent Finger Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review