Eggcellent Finger Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- 16 slices swirled rye and pumpernickel bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 16 slices pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, bacon and tartar sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a 2-1/2-in. bell-shaped cookie cutter, cut out two bells from each slice of bread. Lightly spread one side of each bell with butter. Spread egg mixture over half of buttered bells; top with remaining bells, buttered side down.
- If desired, garnish each sandwich with an olive slice, securing with a small amount of egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 sandwiches.
Reviews for Eggcellent Finger Sandwiches(1)
Sort By :
While I did not go for a Christmas theme for the sandwich bread, I made a few modifications. First, I do not like tartar sauce, so I substituted a mayo-based sandwich spread which I think tasted a lot better since it already had diced pickle in it. Egg salad always benefits from that! Also, a dash of hot sauce and about 1 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning also brightens the flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >