Egg White Frittata Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, red pepper, green pepper, salt, oregano and pepper in oil until vegetables are tender. Beat egg whites until foamy; pour into skillet. Cook for 3 minutes over medium-low heat or until puffed and lightly browned on bottom. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until egg whites are set. Loosen edges and bottom of frittata with a rubber spatula. Invert onto a serving plate; cut into four wedges. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving: 2 wedges equals 184 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.