Tossed with a bright champagne vinegar dressing and topped with maple-chipotle bacon and sunny eggs, this is the ultimate brunch salad. But it's so delicious I'd gladly enjoy it any time of day! —Courtney Gaylord, Columbus, Indiana
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bacon on one half of a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan. Mix brown sugar and chipotle pepper; sprinkle evenly over bacon. Bake until bacon begins to shrink, about 10 minutes.
- Using tongs, move bacon to other half of pan. Add onion to bacon drippings, stirring to coat. Return to oven; bake until bacon is crisp, about 15 minutes. Drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, pepper and reserved drippings. Coarsely chop bacon.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan. Reduce heat to low; cook eggs until desired doneness, turning after whites are set if desired. Sprinkle with salt.
- Toss greens with dressing; divide among four plates. Top with bacon, onion, cheese and eggs. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Egg-Topped Wilted Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2017