Breakfast for dinner is hot stuff at our house. As a mom, I like transforming an ordinary breakfast sandwich into something magical and kid-friendly. —Amy Lents, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Featured In: Top 10 Breakfast Recipes
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 large eggs
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cubed avocado and pico de gallo, optional
- Preheat a four-square waffle iron. Place baking mix, cheese and pepper in a bowl. Add milk; stir just until moistened. Transfer to a lightly floured surface; knead gently 4-6 times. Pat or roll dough into an 8-in. square; cut into four 4-in. squares.
- Generously grease top and bottom grids of waffle maker. Place one portion of dough on each section of waffle maker, pressing an indentation in each for eggs.
- Break an egg over each biscuit; sprinkle with bacon. Close lid carefully over eggs; cook until biscuits are golden brown. If desired, top with avocado and pico de gallo. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Egg-Topped Biscuit Waffles in Simple & Delicious April/May 2016
Reviews for Egg-Topped Biscuit Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review