Egg Scramble Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 16 eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute half of the peppers and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. Add half of the ham and potatoes; saute 2-3 minutes longer.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, sour cream, milk, onion salt, garlic salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- 4. Pour half over vegetable mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 312 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 349mg cholesterol, 839mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Egg Scramble
"This was delicious and my whole family loved it! I will definitely be making this recipe again!"
"Made this for Easter brunch--absolutely delicious. Enjoyed by all in attendance."
"In a hurry for dinner? Need to use up some ham? This brunch dish cooks up quickly and can be a tasty dinner, too. We substituted chopped zucchini for the peppers and added a few more cloves of garlic. There were no leftovers!"
"yummy for a big group"
"This was fantastic! Made for a nice hearty breakfast/brunch. My husband and I both throughly enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing this recipe!"
"One of my favorites for breakfast dinners too. I also do the potatoes different though. I cut them up and fry them in the pan until soft and then do the peppers and continue on with the recipe."
"I have been making this recipe for years. The only difference is I use either canned potatoes or thawed hashbrowns to cut down on the prep and cooking time. I have also used colby jack cheese which was delicious as well."