Perfect for a special-occasion breakfast or holiday brunch, this easy egg scramble is warm and hearty, with potatoes, ham, cheese and sweet red and green peppers. You can serve it for a casual supper, too. —Vicki Holloway, Joelton, Tennessee
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 16 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until
- tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet, saute half of the peppers and onion in 1 teaspoon
- oil until tender. Add half of the ham and potatoes; saute 2-3
- minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, sour cream, milk, onion
- salt, garlic salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour half over vegetable mixture; cook and stir over medium heat