Egg Salad Wonton Cups
Crispy wonton wrappers are a nice contrast to the creamy egg salad in this appetizer from our Test Kitchen. It's a mouthwatering alternative to traditional deviled eggs.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 3 cups prepared egg salad
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 9 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Parsley sprigs
- Coat one side of each wonton wrapper with cooking spray; gently press
- into miniature muffin cups, greased side down. Bake at 350° for
- 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg salad, onions and carrot. Stir in
- the bacon. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each wonton cup. Garnish
- with tomatoes and parsley. Yield: 3 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now