Crispy wonton wrappers are a nice contrast to the creamy egg salad in this appetizer from our Test Kitchen. It's a mouthwatering alternative to traditional deviled eggs.
- 36 wonton wrappers
- 3 cups prepared egg salad
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 9 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Parsley sprigs
- Coat one side of each wonton wrapper with cooking spray; gently press into miniature muffin cups, greased side down. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg salad, onions and carrot. Stir in the bacon. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each wonton cup. Garnish with tomatoes and parsley. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Egg Salad Wonton Cups in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p36
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Egg Salad Wonton Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review