Egg Salad Sandwiches Recipe
“The ingredients in this sandwich are simple, yet each one accentuates the flavor, making it hard to stop with just one bite!” Anna Jean Allen - West Liberty, Kentucky
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet pickles, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 12 slices white bread
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in eggs.
- 2. On six slices of bread, layer with 1/2 cup egg salad, lettuce and tomato slices if desired. Top with remaining bread slices. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich (calculated without lettuce and tomato) equals 347 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 240 mg cholesterol, 874 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC