Egg Salad Pockets
“Here’s a delectable and filling sandwich that’s perfect for spring and summer
outings.” Karen Ann Bland — Gove, Kansas
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and Miracle Whip. Add the
- celery, onion, relish, dill weed, salt and mustard. Gently stir in
- eggs. Line pita halves with lettuce; fill each with 1/2 cup egg
- salad. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 stuffed pockets equals 497 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 462 mg cholesterol, 1,148 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.