Egg Salad Pockets Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and Miracle Whip. Add the celery, onion, relish, dill weed, salt and mustard. Gently stir in eggs. Line pita halves with lettuce; fill each with 1/2 cup egg salad. Yield: 3 servings.
2 each: 497 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 462mg cholesterol, 1148mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Egg Salad Pockets
"This is a great recipe! The cream cheese and dill make all the difference. Good to take to work for lunch."
"I love to make this recipe and take it to work for the week. I left out the salt and increased the relish to 2-3 T and added a bit more dill. The dill really makes a difference."
"Very good flavor, & the cream cheese makes this so creamy. The mustard even gave it a kick. Will definitely make this recipe again!"