- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- Lettuce leaves and sliced tomatoes, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in the eggs, cheese, onion, carrot and bacon. Spoon about 1/2 cup into each pita half. Add lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 3-6 servings.
Reviews for Egg Salad Pitas
"This is great. I substituted celery seed for the celery salt and used chopped celery instead of the bacon. The carrot and the celery gave it great crunch. Used whole wheat pita bread. Very tasty and will make again."
"Quick, Easy, healthy, Delicious! I added a few touches of my own like using Turkey bacon, bell peppers instead of carrots, and adding more mustard less mayo. It turned out fantastic! :)"