Black olives and vegetables add interest and texture to this big-batch egg salad I make. It's great for sandwiches and also goes a long way served on crackers as an appetizer. -Helen Lamison Carnegie, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 30 Appetizer Recipes Ready in 15 Minutes
- 36 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 6 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 large carrots, finely shredded
- 3 small green peppers, finely chopped
- 3 small onions, finely chopped
- 3 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves, halved cherry tomatoes and sliced hard-cooked egg, optional
- 100 bread slices (about 6 loaves)
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Whisk mayonnaise, milk, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir into egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes and sliced egg if desired.
- For sandwiches, spread about 1/3 cupful egg salad on one bread slice; top with another bread slice. Yield: 50 sandwiches, 50 servings, 1 sandwich per serving.
Originally published as Egg Salad For a Crowd in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p39
Reviews for Egg Salad for a Crowd
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review