Egg Salad English Muffins
These toasty breakfast muffins give Deborah Flora of Sawyer, Kansas a jump start on brisk autumn mornings. “I make the egg salad ahead of time, then assemble them as needed,” she says. “They're also good with bacon or ham.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, mayonnaise and mustard. Place
- English muffins cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Top each
- with a slice of Canadian bacon, 1/4 cup egg mixture and cheddar
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 2 muffin halves (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat cheese) equals 475 calories, 26 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 365 mg cholesterol, 1,410 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.