- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, green pepper, mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spread on four slices of bread. Top with cucumber and lettuce. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Egg Salad/Cucumber Sandwiches
Sort By :
Excellent! Thanks, Lucy! This recipe goes in my "Blue Ribbon" file for recipes that are easy but have standout taste. The only thing is that it doesn't hold that well so eat it within 1-2 hours. Also, make sure you slice the cucumber VERY THINLY so it's crisp but easy to bite through.