"This is a tasty variation of the traditional egg salad sandwich," says Lucy Meyring of Walden, Colorado. "The cucumbers and onion add a refreshing crunch."
Recommended: 32 Lunches To Spice Up Your Workday
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, green pepper, mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spread on four slices of bread. Top with cucumber and lettuce. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Egg Salad/Cucumber Sandwiches in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p54
Reviews for Egg Salad/Cucumber Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2009