Egg Salad Burritos
"I visited Mexico last year and was inspired by the fresh flavor of the food. Tomatillos and limes were widely used, and they add a tangy punch to this egg salad," relates Sarah Inglis from Wappingers Falls, New York.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 4 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomatillo, husks removed, rinsed and thinly sliced
- In large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, cayenne
- if desired, salt and pepper. Stir in eggs.
- Layer tortillas with tomato, tomatillo and egg salad mixture. Fold
- sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 341 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 427 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.