Egg Salad and Bacon Sandwich Recipe
On days I don’t have much time to cook, egg salad on croissants hits the spot. It's also nice made with toasted bread or English muffins. Our family loves egg dishes of any kind. Luckily, my mom owns 30 chickens and keeps me supplied with farm-fresh ingredients.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 croissants, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add eggs and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve on lettuce-lined croissants. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 470 calories, 32 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 327 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC