Egg Salad & Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe
Cool, crisp cucumber adds a summery crunch to these tasty egg sandwiches with just a little kick. Kelly sometimes substitutes rye bread for sourdough and adds celery. Kelly McCune - Westerville, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 12 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add eggs; stir gently to combine. In another bowl, toss cucumber and dill. Spread egg salad over six slices of toast; top with cucumbers and remaining toast. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich equals 458 calories, 25 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 296 mg cholesterol, 823 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC