Egg Rolls Recipe
This recipe is truly a family favorite. My husband, Doug, makes them often for family meals and my sister serves them every Tuesday night at the restaurant she owns. Feel free to use for sausage if you and your family like food with a little more kick.
- 3/4 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 14 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain well. Stir in the coleslaw mix, water chestnuts, onions, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, salt and pepper. Saute until cabbage is crisp-tender.
- 2. Position an egg roll wrapper with one point toward you. Place about 1/4 cup sausage mixture in the center. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides toward center over filling. Roll toward the remaining point. Moisten top corner with beaten egg; press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- 3. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce. Yield: 14 egg rolls.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC