Egg Rice Salad
THE FIRST TIME I tried this salad, I knew it was a keeper. Using rice as the basic ingredient is a refreshing change.
I serve it as a luncheon salad or a side dish for a main meal. Garnished with olives and tomato wedges, it makes a colorful addition to the table.
-Flois Price, Morgan, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, egg, celery and onion. In a small
- bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Add to
- rice mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two custard cups or a 1/2-cup mold. Cover and refrigerate
- until chilled. Just before serving, unmold onto lettuce-lined
- plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 205 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.