Egg Rice Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, egg, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Add to rice mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to two custard cups or a 1/2-cup mold. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, unmold onto lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 205 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Egg Rice Salad
"I made this last month and lost the recipe. My husband and I really like it. I doubled it, otherwise, made just as stated. I didn't mold it, however. I will try it warm, too. It is a keeper for us!"