THE FIRST TIME I tried this salad, I knew it was a keeper. Using rice as the basic ingredient is a refreshing change. I serve it as a luncheon salad or a side dish for a main meal. Garnished with olives and tomato wedges, it makes a colorful addition to the table. -Flois Price, Morgan, Texas
Recommended: 32 Super-Refreshing Dinners to Make This Winter
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, egg, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Add to rice mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two custard cups or a 1/2-cup mold. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, unmold onto lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Egg Rice Salad in Reminisce March/April 2000, p49
Reviews for Egg Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2011
"I made this last month and lost the recipe. My husband and I really like it. I doubled it, otherwise, made just as stated. I didn't mold it, however. I will try it warm, too. It is a keeper for us!"
Reviewed May. 28, 2011