THE FIRST TIME I tried this salad, I knew it was a keeper. Using rice as the basic ingredient is a refreshing change. I serve it as a luncheon salad or a side dish for a main meal. Garnished with olives and tomato wedges, it makes a colorful addition to the table. -Flois Price, Morgan, Texas
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, egg, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Add to rice mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two custard cups or a 1/2-cup mold. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, unmold onto lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Egg Rice Salad in Reminisce March/April 2000, p49
Reviews for Egg Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review