I taught high school home economics classes for 33 years. I always included a session on eggs, and this is a recipe my students enjoyed. It's a fun way to dress up scrambled eggs.Olive Ranck, Willimasburg, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 English muffins
- 4 to 6 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, beat eggs; add green pepper, milk, salt, pepper and
- oregano. Melt butter in a skillet; add egg mixture. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until eggs are set. Remove from the heat. Split and
- toast English muffins; spread with pizza sauce. Spoon the egg
- mixture onto muffins. Sprinkle with sausage, olives and cheese.
- Place under broiler for a few minutes to heat through. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 322 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 234 mg cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.