I taught high school home economics classes for 33 years. I always included a session on eggs, and this is a recipe my students enjoyed. It's a fun way to dress up scrambled eggs.—Olive Ranck, Willimasburg, Indiana
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 English muffins
- 4 to 6 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, beat eggs; add green pepper, milk, salt, pepper and oregano. Melt butter in a skillet; add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are set. Remove from the heat. Split and toast English muffins; spread with pizza sauce. Spoon the egg mixture onto muffins. Sprinkle with sausage, olives and cheese. Place under broiler for a few minutes to heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Egg Pizzas in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p9
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Egg Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review