These cute little appetizers are so adorable, they're likely to steal the spotlight at your next wintertime gathering or kids' party. No one believes how easily these whimsical bites come together.—Darline Michaelis, New Auburn, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 9 large ripe olives
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 12 small baby carrots
- For the penguin heads, attach one olive to the top of each egg with a
- toothpick. For beaks, cut six carrots 1/2.in from the pointed end;
- attach the flat side of a pointed piece to the center of each head
- with half a toothpick.
- For the feet, make a lengthwise cut through the remaining carrots;
- place flat side down in pairs (trim carrots if necessary). Place a
- toothpick in each carrot; press an egg on top of each pair.
- For flippers, cut the remaining olives lengthwise into quarters;
- attach one olive quarter to each side of eggs with half a toothpick.
- Cover; refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 penguins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 90 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.