Egg Noodle Lasagna
Mary Oberlin of Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania was lucky enough to receive this recipe from one of her friends. The perfect take-along for charity events and church potlucks, the comforting crowd-pleaser is sure to warm tummies on the coldest of winter nights.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 6-1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2-1/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Add butter; toss
- to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Spread a fourth of the spaghetti sauce into an ungreased
- 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with a third of the noodles, a third of the
- beef, a third of the remaining sauce and a third of the cheeses.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until cheese is melted and
- lasagna is heated through. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 266 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet