Mary Oberlin of Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania was lucky enough to receive this recipe from one of her friends. The perfect take-along for charity events and church potlucks, the comforting crowd-pleaser is sure to warm tummies on the coldest of winter nights.
Featured In: 22 Freezer Meal Recipes
- 6-1/2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2-1/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Add butter; toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spread a fourth of the spaghetti sauce into an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with a third of the noodles, a third of the beef, a third of the remaining sauce and a third of the cheeses. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until cheese is melted and lasagna is heated through. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Egg Noodle Lasagna in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p37
Reviews for Egg Noodle Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2009
"What soup are you referring to?????"
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2009
"Anyone have a suggestion for a replacement to the canned soup in this recipe?"