Egg-Free Toffee Chip Cookies Recipe
Toffee and chocolate chips make these crisp, lower-calorie cookies taste anything but light. You can have a batch ready in just 30 minutes! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the water, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten with the bottom of a small glass. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 88 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC