- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the water, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten with the bottom of a small glass. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Egg-Free Toffee Chip Cookies
"I made these cookies today. The taste is ok but more like a shortbread than a cookie. I used all ingredients as stated but the mixture was too dry. Added some water but still too dry. I do not think I will do them again."
"Lovely buttery texture and light flavor. Big hit."
"I used parchment paper as well, so being greasy was not a problem. These are so delicious, to make them a little more "Christmasy" I sprinkled colored sugar on them prior to baking. Loved Them!"
"Because there were no eggs involved, the grandkids got to taste the batter before they were cooked & loved them. They didn't last long after they were cooked either. These cookies were great & we didn't change a thing in the recipe."
"Excellent crunchy cookie"