Toffee and chocolate chips make these crisp, lower-calorie cookies taste anything but light. You can have a batch ready in just 30 minutes! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the water, oil and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten with the bottom of a small glass. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Egg-Free Toffee Chip Cookies in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p10
Reviews for Egg-Free Toffee Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review