Egg-Free Spiced Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In another bowl, combine milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 pancakes.
2 pancakes (calculated without syrup) equals 223 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 427 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.