- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In another bowl, combine milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Reviews for Egg-Free Spiced Pancakes
"I use almond milk, due to milk and egg allergies in my home. This recipe is fantastic! I usually make them silver dollar size and they are not too thick. For those that want a thinner batter, its as simple as adding more liquid (milk or water). Not rocket science. I make this recipe as written, very frequently, even for guests, and even people that can eat "regular" pancakes comment on how good these are and they don't notice the egg missing."
"I made this recipe using white whole wheat flour and applesauce instead of the oil. I added a few miniature chocolate chips in my boys pancakes when they were cooking and they really enjoyed them. I am trying to do WW and these were very low points for a pancake. I used more unsweetened applesauce on top of mine instead of syrup and I enjoyed them very much myself!"
"This is the best egg free recipe I've found. I've used all sorts of milk substitutes and had no problems. I cook them in a cast iron skillet with lots of butter and have no problem with sticking. The batter is a bit thick so you have to spread it out I the pan. I find they pour out easier if I refrigerate the batter for awhile before making them."
"Oil doesn't work for greasing the pan I had to grab a different pan my first pancake stuck so bad. They taste great and my daughter has an egg allergy so there is the only place this recipe scores points. I had to cook them in large amounts of butter and burn the top of the pancake before I could flip them."
"This recipe was quick and easy and turned out perfect, the only thing I added was a tablespoon of vanilla"