Egg-Free Spiced Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice and salt. In another bowl, combine milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Reviews for Egg-Free Spiced Pancakes(9)
Sort By :
I made this recipe using white whole wheat flour and applesauce instead of the oil. I added a few miniature chocolate chips in my boys pancakes when they were cooking and they really enjoyed them. I am trying to do WW and these were very low points for a pancake. I used more unsweetened applesauce on top of mine instead of syrup and I enjoyed them very much myself!
This is the best egg free recipe I've found. I've used all sorts of milk substitutes and had no problems. I cook them in a cast iron skillet with lots of butter and have no problem with sticking. The batter is a bit thick so you have to spread it out I the pan. I find they pour out easier if I refrigerate the batter for awhile before making them.
Oil doesn't work for greasing the pan I had to grab a different pan my first pancake stuck so bad. They taste great and my daughter has an egg allergy so there is the only place this recipe scores points. I had to cook them in large amounts of butter and burn the top of the pancake before I could flip them.
This recipe was quick and easy and turned out perfect, the only thing I added was a tablespoon of vanilla
These were awesome...I used half whole wheat and half white flour and apple pie spice. Will make many more times to start my morning off right.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >