Egg-Free Apple Cake Recipe
- 4 cups diced peeled apples
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine flour and baking soda; fold in the apple mixture. Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 286 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 508 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Egg-Free Apple Cake
"Have this in the oven right now and have made it before. A fantastic cake that's a firm favorite in our household."
"Made this yesterday and it is delicious!!bellbrat"
"This will come in handy when I run out of eggs sallyshiffer57"
"My grandson i allergic to eggs. I'm sure he'll like this,"
"I made this yesterday and it was easy and delicious. It made my house smell wonderful!"
"made this today..hubby'sa big critic about applecake...he loves this!!!"