- 4 cups diced peeled apples
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- In a large saucepan, bring the first eight ingredients to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking soda; fold in the apple mixture. Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Egg-Free Apple Cake
"I followed all the recipe (after spending $15 on ingredients I didn't have) and placed them in muffin pans because I didn't have a bundt pan. They didn't seem to cook all the way through at the time described so I stuck them back in the oven even though the tops were crisp. Even after cooking 20 more minutes the middle didn't seem done but I thought maybe they just had to cool to harden. After 20 minutes of cooling I checked them again and bit into it and they are soggy all the way through the middle and taste gross because of it. I had to through them all out. I'm assuming it's too much liquid or apples. I really don't think a different pan would have made a difference either. Really disappointed and wasted money on buying things like $5 raisins and it took almost the whole box. Will not make again!"
"Have this in the oven right now and have made it before. A fantastic cake that's a firm favorite in our household."
"Made this yesterday and it is delicious!!bellbrat"
"This will come in handy when I run out of eggs sallyshiffer57"
"My grandson i allergic to eggs. I'm sure he'll like this,"
"I made this yesterday and it was easy and delicious. It made my house smell wonderful!"
"made this today..hubby'sa big critic about applecake...he loves this!!!"